Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
CRSBT Phase 3: This training is intended as a train the trainer model for each school in the district. The Participants will be provided training on Culturally Responsive Standards-Based Teaching. Please remember that phases 1 and 2 are prerequisites of phase 3.
- In-Service Points: 6
- Component Number: 2412001
Meeting Locations and Times:
Canvas, START DATE- Online Class on July 12th, 2021, 6:00AM - 6:00AM
Online, Orlando, FL 32825
Canvas, END DATE- Online Class on July 16th, 2021, 11:59PM - 11:59PM
Online, Orlando, FL 32825
Full Description/Meeting Details:
This training is intended as a train-the-trainer model for each school in the district. The Participants will be provided training on Culturally Responsive Standards-Based Teaching.
CRSBT is an instructional mindset focused on getting all students proficient in standards-based content by teaching in a way that incorporates students’ cultures to develop relationships, scaffold learning to make teaching relevant, engaging, and challenging, and to produce independent learners.
Note: There are 3 phases to complete and participants will be asked to train the school staff in the content. Phases 1 and 2 are prerequisites of phase 3.
Please contact Sonya Jones, Senior Administrator, for any questions. Sonya.Salmon-Jones@ocps.net
- If you are no longer planning on completing this course, please remove yourself to allow space for others to attend. Click here for instructions on how to remove yourself.
- If you are not representing your school as a CRSBT Champion, please remove yourself as you will not gain access to the course.
- In the event that there are fewer than 10 participants signed up, this course will be cancelled on June 9, 2021. You will receive an email if this occurs.
- Online Course: Upload your signed Summer 2021 Professional Development Planning Sheet prior to start date. You will not gain access to the course without it. Click here for the planning sheet.
- CRSBT Phase 3 begins on July 12, 2021 and ends on July 16, 2021. There is 1 virtual video session included as a requirement of the course. If you cannot commit to the provided time/date of the session, please do not sign up for the course.
- There is a 15 minute policy. This means you cannot be more than 15 minutes late at the beginning or leaving early for virtual video sessions. This results in no admittance. If you cannot stay for the duration of the PD, please remove yourself from the course.
- Your pay date will depend upon the completion of the course and the date that your pay is confirmed, validated, and submitted.
Please refer to summerpd.ocps.net for additional and updated information.