Reproductive Health and Disease Education - Monday, June 12, 2023
Starts Jun 12, 2023
Spots remaining: 12
Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
Monday, June 12, 2023, in Room 3A in the Ronald Blocker Educational Leadership Center located at 445 W. Amelia St., Orlando, 32801 7:30-8:00 am - Registration; 8:00 am-2:30 pm - Training with 1/2 hour lunch break This face-to-face training is for current OCPS middle and high school teachers responsible for teaching sexual health education who have never attended sexual health education or HIV Disease Prevention training.
- In-Service Points: 6
- Component Number: 2005001
Meeting Locations and Times:
RBELC- 3rd Floor, Conference Room 3A on June 12th, 2023, 8:00AM - 2:30PM
445 West Amelia St, Orlando, FL 32801
K-12 Health & PE Resource Teacher, Advanced Studies
Full Description/Meeting Details:
Monday, June 12, 2023, in Conference Room 3A (third floor) in the Ronald Blocker Educational Leadership Center (RBELC) located at 445 W. Amelia St., Orlando, 32801. Park in the free OCPS garage located at 565 Ronald Blocker Ave.
7:30-8:00 am - Registration; 8:00 am-2:30 pm - Face-to-face training with 1/2 hour lunch break.
Reproductive Health and Disease Education professional development is designed to provide teachers with an overview of the OCPS sexual health education (SHE) curriculum guidelines and board-approved lessons. This face-to-face training is for current OCPS middle school and high school teachers responsible for teaching SHE, including HIV, STD, and teen pregnancy prevention, who have never attended SHE or HIV Disease Prevention training.
· There is a 15-minute policy. This means you cannot be more than 15 minutes late at the beginning, returning from lunch, or leaving early for face-to-face or LIVE sessions. This results in no admittance. If you cannot stay for the duration of the PD, please remove yourself from the course.
· RBELC security measures require a school ID badge to gain access to the elevators at the RBELC. Please allow ample time to park, go through security, and take the elevators to the 3rd floor.
· If you are no longer planning on completing this course, please remove yourself to allow space for others to attend. Click here for instructions on how to remove yourself.
· If you are not responsible for teaching 6-12 sexual health education, please remove yourself as you will not gain access to the course.
· In the event that there are less than 10 participants signed up, this course will be cancelled on June 7. You will receive an email if this occurs.
· Upload your signed Summer 2023 Professional Development Planning Sheet to Canvas. You will not gain admittance without the signed planning sheet. Click here for the planning sheet.
· Please note that the cafeteria is closed and participants should bring their own lunch. Please bring a sweater because the room temperature may vary.
Your pay date will depend upon the completion of the course and the date that your pay is confirmed, validated, and submitted.
· Please refer to summerpd.ocps.net for additional and updated information.
Funding for this training was made possible by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Cooperative Agreement 1807. The views expressed in written training materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does the mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.