Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
Welcome to the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® refresher training. This course will be used to build on the foundation you already have in place, it is important to view Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training as an ongoing process rather than a one-time event. By participating in this formal refresher course, you have the opportunity to: • Review program’s concepts, skills, and application principles. • Problem solve and strengthen crisis intervention skills. • Receive additional support • Demonstrate capabilities in applying course content and skills to work experiences since last training. This course will be taught in an online virtual format. To complete this course you will need to: • Complete the welcome module • Take the pre-test • Attend and participate in the BBB meeting on the date and time of your course. • Complete the posttest which will include questions in regards to the physical components of the program to demonstrate understanding.
- In-Service Points: 6
- Component Number: 6403002
Meeting Locations and Times:
SEE DESCRIPTION, SEE DESCRIPTION on July 20th, 2021, 8:30AM - 3:30PM
See Description, ., FL 00000
Full Description/Meeting Details:
The purpose of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) refresher is that it focuses on verbal de-escalation techniques and many other strategies to prevent violent or disruptive behavior in the classroom and allows the teacher to emphasize learning. This one-day, 6-hour, virtual course is designed to "refresh" your CPI skills allowing you to stay current with your approval. Successful completion of a written examination and understanding of physical intervention skills are required in order to obtain a 1-year extension of your approval to use the techniques taught in the course.
This course will require very close physical contact with two two or more people for approximately two to three consecutive hours of the 6 hour course. Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required and provided.
After the completion of the course, the participants will incorporate the techniques to ensure for the best possible care welfare safety and security for all involved in a crisis. You will also receive a certificate, your blue card, as well as 6 in service points. .
- If you are no longer planning on completing this course please remove yourself to allow space for others to attend.
- If you are not due to recertify in CPI, please remove yourself as you will not gain access to the course.
- In the event that there are less than 10 participants signed up, this course will be cancelled on 07/16/21. You will receive an email if this occurs.
- Bring your signed signed Summer 2021 Professional Development Planning Sheet. You will not gain access to the course without it.
- 7400CPIREFRESH01 CPI Face to Face Refresher will begin on 07/20/21 and ends on 07/20/21. The course will located at Glenridge MS activity room.
- Your pay date will depend upon the completion of the course and the date that your pay is confirmed, validated, and submitted.
- Please refer to summerpd.ocps.net for additional and updated information.
Your instructors for this course will be: Javia Henry and Amy Connelly-Howard