CPR-AED and First Aid Certification - Friday, June 9, 2023
Starts Jun 9, 2023
Spots remaining: 0
Sorry! The enrollment limit has been met. Please check back soon for new sessions.
Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
8216CPR05 Friday, June 9, 2023 8am-4:30pm Room 3A in the Ronald Blocker Educational Leadership Center located at 445 W. Amelia St., Orlando, 32801 Target audience: High School Physical Education Teachers
- In-Service Points: 8
- Component Number: 2005001
Meeting Locations and Times:
RBELC- 3rd Floor, Conference Room 3A on June 9th, 2023, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
445 West Amelia St, Orlando, FL 32801
K-12 Health & Physical Education Resource Teacher
Full Description/Meeting Details:
Friday, June 9, 2023
8am-4:30pm - 8-hour training with 1/2 hour lunch
Meet in Room 3A in the Ronald Blocker Educational Leadership Center located at 445 W. Amelia St., Orlando, 32801. Park in the free OCPS garage located at 565 Ronald Blocker Ave.
High school instructional staff will complete the 8-hour American Red Cross Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, and AED training to learn about current evidence-based emergency cardiovascular care guidelines and practice the psychomotor skills associated with performing CPR. Participants who successfully complete the training will receive American Heart Association CPR-AED and First Aid 2-year certification. The target audience for this training is high school physical education teachers (priority) and other high school instructional personnel.
· There is a 15-minute policy. This means you cannot be more than 15 minutes late at the beginning, returning from lunch, or leaving early for face-to-face or LIVE sessions. This results in no admittance. If you cannot stay for the duration of the PD, please remove yourself from the course.
· RBELC security measures require a school ID badge to gain access to the elevators at the RBELC. Please allow ample time to park, go through security, and take the elevators to the 3rd floor.
· If you are no longer planning on completing this course, please remove yourself to allow space for others to attend. Click here for instructions on how to remove yourself.
· If you are not a high school instructional staff member, please remove yourself as you will not gain access to the course.
· In the event that there are less than 5 participants signed up, this course will be canceled on May 31. You will receive an email if this occurs.
· Upload your signed Summer 2023 Professional Development Planning Sheet to this course. You will not gain admittance without the signed planning sheet. Click here for the planning sheet.
· Please note that the cafeteria is closed and participants should bring their own lunch. Please bring a sweater because the room temperature may vary.
Your pay date will depend upon the completion of the course and the date that your pay is confirmed, validated, and submitted.
Please refer to summerpd.ocps.net for additional and updated information.