Full course description
1. Clinic Procedures – An overview of OCPS clinic procedures, and proper documentation on the required clinic forms.
2. Field Trip – Policy and procedure for administering medication to students during OCPS field trips.
3. Medication Administration – OCPS policy and procedure for administering medication to students during school hours, and proper documentation of medication administration.
4. Anaphylaxis – Understanding Anaphylaxis – signs and symptoms indicating an anaphylactic reaction, types of treatment, and the administration of emergency epinephrine.
5. Asthma- Understanding Asthma- signs and symptoms of an Asthma flare/attack, treatment of asthma to include, Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI)and Nebulizer.
6. Diabetes – Overview of management of Diabetes in the school setting. Signs and symptoms of Diabetes, and supplies needed. Following the students DMMP for treatment and/or intervention needed. Administration of insulin, and administering emergency Glucagon.
7. Seizures –Understanding the different types of seizures- Signs and symptoms of seizure activity, rendering emergency first aid during a seizure, and the administration of emergency seizure medication.