Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
Soo many mentees, soo little time! Join us to learn how to leverage Swivl Teams to increase support to your mentee by adding virtual mentoring to your bag of tricks. Mentors will learn ways to use a Swivl Robot and Swivl Teams to record classroom instruction to share with their mentee, virtually visit a classroom, review voluntarily recorded instruction, and provide mentoring using threaded comments.
- In-Service Points: 3
- Component Number: 3003016
Meeting Locations and Times:
Canvas, MS TEAMS Virtual Conference on August 26th, 2021, 9:00AM - 10:30AM
Online, Orlando, FL 32825
Mariel Milano, Director Digital Learning Outreach
Kelvin Patrick, PD Specialist
Full Description/Meeting Details:
How to Prepare for Swivl Foundations for Mentors Course
In order to gain the most from the Foundations Professional Learning session and fully synthesize the intended outcomes, participants should plan to fully engage in hands-on exercises. Please be prepared 24 hours prior to our Foundations Professional Learning by ensuring that you have:
1. Charged the robot base, markers, and iOS device at least 1 day prior to the training session.
All charging cables connect to the charging block that comes with the Swivl Kit.
Connect the barrel cable to the robot base. Place 1 marker in the robot base.
Connect the remaining markers to the hammerhead (2-sided) cable. (Each marker has a charging port on the side that connects to the hammerhead.)
2. Create a Teams by Swivl account. You are encouraged to create your account through Google’s Single Sign On option.
3. What do I need for training? You will need your Swivl Kit, wired earbuds with a microphone, your iOS mobile device, and your computer. (You may need an adapter for your USB-A cable if your computer uses a USB-C port.)
4. Connect your robot to and update firmware on base and markers.
Watch the video tutorial for Connecting your mobile device to the Swivl robot. Turn on all of your markers.
The Swivl app will prompt you to accept the firmware update. Next, dock each marker in the robot base to update.