Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
The OCPS alternative certification program, known as the Professional Development Certification Program (PDCP), is designed to offer non-education majors with a temporary teaching certificate through **June 2021** or beyond the opportunity to be trained as an educator.
- Component Number: 0
Meeting Locations and Times:
RBELC- 5th Floor, Computer Lab A on November 6th, 2019, 4:30PM - 7:30PM
445 West Amelia St., Orlando, FL 32801
Full Description/Meeting Details:
To enroll in this program, your temporary teaching certificate must be valid through June 2021 or beyond.
PDCP is a state-approved teacher preparatory program that will satisfy requirements on your FLDOE Statement of Eligibility.
After completion of program requirements, you may seek a professional certificate in Florida. In order to qualify for the OCPS PDCP, an applicant must
- Be an instructional employee of OCPS in a classroom teaching assignment in the subject area in which you are seeking certification.
- Hold or be eligible for a temporary teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Education.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree, meet the subject area requirements in a subject area for which a professional certificate may be issued or pass the state subject area exam, and be certified for the teaching assignment.
- Obtain the signature of the school-based support team including the hiring principal on the PDCP Application.
- Sign the PDCP Application as an agreement of participation.
Attendance at PDCP Orientation is required before registering for a PDCP Module. You will not be permitted to attend if you are on the waiting list, as seating is limited.
More information about PDCP may be found at https://www.ocps.net/departments/professional_development_services/pdcp/.