Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
The OCPS alternative certification program, known as the Professional Development Certification Program (PDCP), is designed to offer non-education majors with a temporary teaching certificate through **June 2024** or beyond the opportunity to be trained as an educator.
- Component Number: 0
Meeting Locations and Times:
Canvas, MS TEAMS Virtual Conference on November 3rd, 2021, 4:30PM - 7:30PM
Online, Orlando, FL 32825
Full Description/Meeting Details:
To enroll in this program, your temporary teaching certificate must be valid through June 2024 or beyond.
PDCP is a state-approved teacher preparation program that will satisfy requirements on your FLDOE Statement of Eligibility.
After completion of the program requirements, you may seek a professional certificate in Florida. In order to qualify for the OCPS PDCP, an applicant must
- Be an instructional employee of OCPS in a classroom teaching assignment in the subject area in which you are seeking certification and remain in the teaching assignment associated with your certification for the duration of the program.
- Hold or be eligible for a temporary teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Education.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree, meet the subject area requirements in a subject area for which a professional certificate may be issued or pass the state subject area exam, and be certified for the teaching assignment.
- Obtain the signature of the school-based support team including the hiring principal on the PDCP Application.
- Sign the PDCP Application as an agreement of participation.
Attendance at PDCP Orientation is required before registering for a PDCP Module. You will not be permitted to attend if you are on the waiting list, as seating is limited.
More information about PDCP may be found here.
VIRTUAL SESSIONS WILL BE ON MULTIPLE DATES.