Full course description
Course Description/Meeting Summary:
**This will be on Microsoft Teams This course will teach participants about trauma/chronic stress and its impact on a child's brain. Participants will also learn about the connection between trauma and the need for self-regulation skill building in students, and be given examples of interventions that schools can use.
- In-Service Points: 3
- Component Number: 1105007
Meeting Locations and Times:
SEE DESCRIPTION, SEE DESCRIPTION on January 29th, 2021, 9:00AM - 11:00AM
See Description, ., FL 00000
Microsoft Teams Meeting Link:
Please join via Teams link:
Full Description/Meeting Details:
**This training will be on Microsoft Teams
This course will teach participants about trauma/chronic stress and its impact on a child's brain. Participants will also learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences, the connection between trauma and behavior, and the need for self-regulation skill building in students in building resilience. Participants will be given examples of interventions that schools can use, both classroom wide and with individual students.
Information for the upcoming training being held via Teams (see the link below to join the Teams meeting):
- You will also need to join a Nearpod presentation in addition to the Teams meeting. This will mean having 2 tabs open, and needing to toggle back and forth between Teams and Nearpod a few times. For that reason, this will be easiest to view on a computer rather than a phone.
- In order to allow the technology to have time to open on your computer prior to the meeting start, please join the Teams meeting at least 5 minutes prior to the meeting time. Once in Teams, check the chat box for a link to join the Nearpod session.
- You do not need a Nearpod account! You simply use the link that will be given at the training.
- During the training you will be following along by watching Nearpod. Teams will predominantly be used only for communication purposes (to hear the presenter, to type into the chat box, and to participate in breakout rooms).
JoDee Buis- email@example.com or
Lisa Diamond- firstname.lastname@example.org